Sunday 21 December 2014

Back Home for Winter

Back home for the holidays. I love this time of year, good food, gifts and the whole atmosphere is awesome. Even if it is a bit cold. On to important things though, writing is still progressing and I''m rebuilding my website assignment because my first one was shit. Just the way it is I guess. Not much to say otherwise.

Do you know what is great. Probably. But if you want to know it is The Wire. OK, so I'm only at season 3 but still I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far. Suspense, drama, action and a huge cast of brilliantly written characters. The biggest strength of the show has to be it's ability to build a world around the relationships that the characters have with each other. From Kima and Bubbles to McNulty and Omar. I just adore how the characters interact on this show, to me it is what makes it stand out. It's less about the characters themselves, who in most shows follow a specific role or stereotype (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), but more about how they react to the situations they get in and how they react to one another. I'm not going to go into detail about the plot because 1) I haven't finished it yet and 2) I find plot descriptions boring. If you want to know look it up, I just want to say that if you haven't given it a try yet, go on. It'll be worth it.

Also that intro song is badass and how it changes every season is really cool.

-Beau

twitter.com/Bocodillo

No comments:

Post a Comment