Sunday 31 May 2015

Revolver Continuations

I've gone and done it. Go HERE and you can watch my first video log. It's a little hit and miss with quality and the sound balance is poor (I did try though), but it does the job. Any future ones will be better made I promise. As for the standard dev log, here it is:

24/05/2015:
-Tweaked several levels.

25/05/2015:
-Created a new tile for hazard looking floors.
-Replaced the perk system with a simple, small increase in maxHP, movement speed & reload speed. It now only heals 10HP too.

27/05/2015:
-Began work on rGuardQuarters.
-Created another tile.
-Vastly neatened up the spawn code and set up spawning for every level. Obviously the quantities of foes needs testing but the system works.

28/05/2015:
-Did a little work on rGuardQuarters (now renamed rLivingQuarters).
-Created some basic table tiles which I will add "furnished" versions of soon. Also created two varieties of bed tile.
-Alterered grid for pathfinding, allowing enemies that use the grid to move around the edges of the map if they need to, fixing the problem with enemies getting stuck and wierdly teleporting to the top left.

29/05/2015:
-Wrote initial draft of Revolvers main theme.

Ooh that last one looks interesting, eh? I do plan on making all my own music, and Gods be good, that should be the case. There is actually a good chance that the whole soundtrack will be piano based, that'll be cool I hope.

In other news, I've been playing a ton of  Robocraft. Robocraft is a really cool MOBA style game where you build robots out of blocks (kinda like Minecraft) add wheels, hover blades, plane wings, FREAKING HELICOPTER BLADES and caterpillar tracks. You then add guns of many varieties, join random teams and beat the blocks out of each other. It's a very fun game and constantly upgrading your vehicles with the money (RP) you make for fights is a very addictive & rewarding system. Oh, I forgot to mention it's free too. There is actually a paid premium system that doubles your rewards, that I use occasionally and really do recommend. It's not too expensive and double rewards are very big in late game. All in all Robocraft is a lot of fun to be had in small groups (there is a limit to the amount of people in a party: 3 or 4 with a premium user) and the game is a bit buggy with its party and lobby systems but if you can look over that it's a real good time.

That's enough for today I think.

-Beau

As always you can follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/Bocodillo

No comments:

Post a Comment